Thank you, Jennifer Windram for nominating me for this award. It is good to be recognized. According to Jennifer, I am to list 10 things about myself and then nominate up to 10 other bloggers for the award. Boy, that is going to a toughie to come up with 10 things about myself since I wrote just about everything in the about me page. Let’s think…
So 10 random things about me…
1. I am 22 years old and I am a fifth and last year student at the University of Utah finishing up my degree in Civil Engineering. I don’t necessarily like Civil Engineering but my mom talked me into it.
2. I am currently an English as the Second Language (ESL) tutor at Layton Christian Academy and for two other people outside school. I am also an interpreter and translator for a company here in Utah. So that’s one, two, three separate jobs but combined in one.
3. I don’t like hot weather because when you’re outside in the heat under the sun, you get hot but there’s nothing you can do about it. You can remove clothes but you’ll eventually run out and then what will you do? Go naked? In the cold weather, you can keep piling on clothes until you’re warm enough.
4. I was born in the southeast corner of China, right by Hong Kong. I came to the U.S. when I was 10 and I’ve been back about 8 years ago. My mom went back to our hometown last month and she showed me pictures. It is almost completely unrecognizable to me. I’ve live in Los Angeles for 4 years and I went there last year and there was hardly any changes.
5. I don’t like going to amusement like Disneyland. I prefer to go somewhere where I’m close to nature and not surrounded by people.
6. The thing that I want to do the most is travel. I want to go visit the old places like Rome, London, Pompeii, places that is filled with history. I am not exactly a history buff but I am still curious.
7. One of the most beautiful scenery I’ve seen is the Delicate Arch in Arches National Park at sunset. If I have a chance, I would make that 90 minutes journey to go see it again.
8. I enjoy listening to all kinds of music. You can put on almost any song and I would enjoy. The rhythm just has to be catchy for my ears.
9. I enjoy cooking and my favorite things to make are deserts. Pies, cakes, cookies, you name it and I will find a recipe and learn.
10. Last but not least, I was in the 2010 Utah Pioneer Day parade for the Chinese Society of Utah. I enjoyed it and I wish to do it again even if I have to walk miles under the July hot sun.
Now, the blogger nominations…
Here is what you have to do (According to Jennifer Windram’s post):
1. Use the Sunshine Award logo in the post.
2. Link to whoever nominated you.
3. Write ten pieces of information about yourself.
4. Nominate up to ten fellow bloggers, “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
5. Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award
Good luck to you all and have fun!