My letter X stands for the Roman numeral 10. I have quite a few life events happening around the number 10. For example, I came to the United States when I was ten years old. I remember I was too excited to sleep that I spent my first ever 11-hour plane journey watching movies and peeking out the window to see what I could see. I remember pushing the window up one time and was almost blinded by the white light outside. A flight attendant walked by quickly told me to shut the window. I didn’t open it again until I saw the other passengers open their windows.
Meanwhile, my mom was soundly asleep in the row next to mine. The plane was pretty empty considering it was nearly Christmas.
Other events happen around the number 10…
- My mom joined the U.S. army 10 years ago
- I traveled to the east coast 10 years ago
- As of yesterday, my mom has gone for 10 days and she will be in three days, which means I must get the house cleaned
- Next year will be 10 years since I graduated high school. Oh, how the time flies. I thought it would never get here
- As of last year (2017), I have been in Utah for 10 years.
- I was 10 days out of 15 days into my trip to China in January 2018 when the temperature plummeted from 70°F (21°C) to 40°F (4°C).
Please do check out my Instagram profile.
Click here to see all the #AtoZChallenge posts so far.