Today’s prompt asks: If a restaurant were to name something after you, what would it be? Describe it. (Bonus points if you give us a recipe!)
Well isn’t this a weird prompt? And I would have posted it sooner if my old computer would just let me on to Google Chrome instead of making me restart. It took the computer 25 minutes to completely restart. I guess that’s what I get for only putting it to sleep every night for the past 3 months.
Anyway, if a restaurant name something after me, it wouldn’t because of the deliciousness but because of ease of making it. I’m all for easy recipes and here it is, My Favorite Blueberry Muffin Recipe.
I learned it from my high school freshman Home Economic teacher. There are no simpler recipe than this one.
If a restaurant name this after me, it’ll be called the YZ Muffin. 🙂
Note: this recipe makes 12 muffins and it works for all kinds of toppings.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup oil
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (Can be other berries or toppings)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix egg, milk, and oil in a small bowl. Put it aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bigger bowl. After mixing, pour the egg, milk, and oil into the same bowl. Mix until it is creamy and pour blueberries into it. Mix well.
- Prepare the muffin pan with the baking cups in it.
- Fill the mixture in the big bowl about 2/3 full in baking cups.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Take it out and let it cool for 1-2 minutes, then serve.