2020, what a year, right? So many things happened this year – pandemic, earthquakes, on-and-off mask mandates, wind storms, social gathering restrictions… but even in this weird pandemic universe we’re living in where Mondays and Fridays are just another day, giving thanks is still an everyday-must and a definite-must on Thanksgiving.
Here are my 5 major thanks for 2020:
- My job – my biggest thank. My job has kept me occupied even if I have to learn new roles and work crazy amount of overtime hours. It kept me busy and my anxiety at bay because I kept wondering if this pandemic would turn into some kind of Zombie Apocalypse where everyone turns into zombies after getting tested positive for this virus.
- I’m thankful I haven’t had a problem with paying my bills and mortgage this year as working overtime has generated quite a bit of extra income.
- I’m thankful for the art of crochet. It also kept me occupied during 2020. I am now more prepared for winter than I ever was in past years with hand-made scarves, hats, and a wonderful fashionable cowl.
- I’m thankful for finally investing in a stand-up desk so my back will be straight when this whole thing’s over and we’re back in the office.
- I’m thankful for all the audiobooks and podcasts that kept me entertained as I went through my workday. As of this week, I’ve listened to over 70 audiobooks this year.
Last but not least, I want to thank all the readers of this blogs who followed me through the years. Even though I’ve been away for most of 2020, some of my long-time readers would occasionally comment to check up on me. I am thankful for the thoughtfulness and to have a great bunch of friends in this ever changing blogging universe.