Good morning! Would you like to go for a walk in the park? It’s a lovely wintry day to grab a mug of coffee and enjoy nature.Continue reading “#WeekendCoffeeShare – Thanksgiving 2022”
Happy Thanksgiving! Each year, despite how sh***y the year has been, I try to write down at least 5 things I am thankful for that year.Continue reading “5 Things I’m thankful for in 2022”
Hello, come on in from the cold. Please sit and join me for a virtual coffee and sweets.Continue reading “#WeekendCoffeeShare: Thanksgiving 2021 plus Garden and Life Update”
It’s Thanksgiving week in the U.S. Each year, I try to do a post where I list out some of the things I’m thankful for.Continue reading “Thanksgiving 2021 – Things I’m thankful for…”
Great, fantastique, awesome, super.
Just how many more different ways can I exaggerate this situation?
I don’t know what gave anyone the idea or the impression I can single-handedly put together a Thanksgiving dinner in 4 hours.
There I was, slaving away in the kitchen – turkey, vegetables, and stuffing in the oven, potatoes ready to mash, and all there was left to do was dessert.
“Marge!” Came a holler.
I must had turned too quickly because next thing I knew, I was on the floor. “Ow,” I moaned. My leg was turned at an awkward angle. Crapulous.
“Marge, you okay?”
Please note: the word “Crapulous” in this story does not mean what it actually means if you define this word in the dictionary. In this story, this word is the antonym of Fabulous. Crapulous, Fabulous, get it?
2020, what a year, right? So many things happened this year – pandemic, earthquakes, on-and-off mask mandates, wind storms, social gathering restrictions… but even in this weird pandemic universe we’re living in where Mondays and Fridays are just another day, giving thanks is still an everyday-must and a definite-must on Thanksgiving.
Here are my 5 major thanks for 2020:
- My job – my biggest thank. My job has kept me occupied even if I have to learn new roles and work crazy amount of overtime hours. It kept me busy and my anxiety at bay because I kept wondering if this pandemic would turn into some kind of Zombie Apocalypse where everyone turns into zombies after getting tested positive for this virus.
- I’m thankful I haven’t had a problem with paying my bills and mortgage this year as working overtime has generated quite a bit of extra income.
- I’m thankful for the art of crochet. It also kept me occupied during 2020. I am now more prepared for winter than I ever was in past years with hand-made scarves, hats, and a wonderful fashionable cowl.
- I’m thankful for finally investing in a stand-up desk so my back will be straight when this whole thing’s over and we’re back in the office.
- I’m thankful for all the audiobooks and podcasts that kept me entertained as I went through my workday. As of this week, I’ve listened to over 70 audiobooks this year.
Last but not least, I want to thank all the readers of this blogs who followed me through the years. Even though I’ve been away for most of 2020, some of my long-time readers would occasionally comment to check up on me. I am thankful for the thoughtfulness and to have a great bunch of friends in this ever changing blogging universe.
…eat more turkeys on Thanksgiving!
Happy Monday again!
It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power, has power over you. – Anonymous
I just had a 5-day weekend and must return to work today, which is too cruel. Here’s my simple thought for those suffering similar fate as I am:
Keep calm and return to work.
I can’t believe it, Thanksgiving is nearly here! Continue reading “Thought of the Day!”
For my blogging friends in the US, can you believe Thanksgiving is a little over a week away? Therefore, until then, I will be doing Thanksgiving thought of the day. Here is my thought on this Monday:
Happiness cannot be traveled to, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.
I love this picture. Continue reading “Photo of the Day!”
Thanksgiving 2017 began one-half day earlier for me than for most people because I took Wednesday afternoon off from work. Continue reading “Thanksgiving 2017”
This picture basically sums up my Thanksgiving. Continue reading “Photo of the Day!”
Every year, I celebrate Thanksgiving differently. Continue reading “5 Things I am Thankful for…”
Somehow, I’m feeling more festive this year than I have in a long time. Continue reading “Photo of the Day!”
So, today is Sunday, at least I think it is Continue reading “Sunday”
This Thanksgiving has been quiet for the most part. Continue reading “A Quiet Thanksgiving”
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone in the U.S! Continue reading “Giving for Thanksgiving”