#WeekendCoffeeShare: A Heavy Dose of Life

Good morning and thank you for joining me for this lovely chat on this beautiful Saturday. Mother Nature is still having a fit here which it’s making me want autumn even more. Anyway, I’ll have another cup of cappuccino. How about you? What would you like?

I would tell you I’m so glad it’s a long weekend otherwise, I’m not sure how much longer I can take this busyness. My mom got her rotator-cuff surgery on Monday and ever since, I’ve been running about the house, helping her. At first, I thought it would be fun to play nurse but after the first night, I started to hate it. I’m glad I didn’t pursue this profession because I would’ve screamed.

I had been her driver for the week, dropping her at school before I head to work and picking her up after work. I lost 15 minutes of sleep because of the early morning commute. I know it’s not a lot but I can really do with an extra 15 minutes of sleep. In the evenings, after getting home and helping my mom get settled on the couch, it was time to make dinner which generally takes me around 35-45 minutes.

After dinner was wound cleaning and dressing. I always had trouble removing her shirt. She kept crying while her good arm refused to bend and retract into the sleeve like a cable. It’s like trying to dress a crab who refuses to retract its arms. The first night was the worst because after my aunt and I got her shirt back on, we couldn’t figure out how to put the sling back together. We watched several YouTube videos and still couldn’t figure it out. There were so many Velcro.

I believe she’s acting a baby because it’s her first surgery unlike me who has had multiple surgeries.

Hold on, that’s not true.

She’s had a C-section when she had me. Maybe it’s just been too long or maybe she’s horrified at how many holes the doctor had drilled into her shoulder.

Meanwhile, I’m doing my carpal Tunnel surgery in October. She shouldn’t need my assistance then. Hopefully not and I am positive I won’t be a baby like her.

To be honest though, I don’t think I would be as exhausted as I am if I wasn’t so busy at work this week. There were so many invoices due but the company don’t have the funds to pay them. So we had to turn to the bank for a small-business-loan. The application for disbursement process is crazy for this loan. I had three bankers help me fill out the forms but each one was different. The bankers couldn’t agree with how I should fill out the forms. In the end, it seemed as though one of the bankers got scolded by the other two and my forms finally got accepted.

It took me four days to get the bank to disburse the fund needed to pay those invoices and it made me realize that, this is real life stuff. The professors at colleges and university, they don’t teach you this stuff.

So I got a heavy dose of real life this week and I really hope that’s over now.

Anyway, that’s all I have to say for now. Thank you for joining me and hope you can join me again same time next Saturday. For now, I shall return to my slumber and sleep until I’m truly awake.

10 thoughts on “#WeekendCoffeeShare: A Heavy Dose of Life

  1. Yikes, sounds like a long week! I hope things become easier as your mom heals and things smooth out at work. You’re right, I wish in college they’d include more real life scenarios!

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Sorry to hear that your mom is having such a hard time after her surgery. It sounds like you are doing your best to help her out even though it adds to the bustle of your schedule. Great post, thanks for sharing.
    I seemed to have missed the window for linking up to the coffee share so I have attached my link below and would love it if you get a chance to stop by:
    Coffee and Pictures

    Liked by 1 person

  3. Your poor mom. I’m sorry she is suffering so much. I have never had rotator cuff surgery but I have had carpal tunnel surgery and that is a piece of cake. Glad to hear you are getting your carpal tunnel problem taken care of.

    Liked by 1 person

  4. Well, I empathize with your mom — broke the “acromion” bone in my shoulder in college. It was about three-months before I could get my right hand back up to desk height without nearly passing out from the pain. I had to learn to write left-handed (got pretty good, too). The screws and wire are still in there, and they periodically remind me.

    Liked by 1 person

Anything you want to ask? Want to know?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s