Good morning! Come on in, sit, and enjoy a drink. I discovered something good this week.
This week was the first time I drove to the office since my accident. Mom wanted to drive me again because she wanted to shopping afterwards but I was not having it. I was going alone and I was driving.
“No!” I told her. She didn’t want to go anyway, not after being peeved at her supervisor for giving her an average annual review, followed by a meh raise.
Since I was heading into the office alone, I saw an opportunity to try Starbuck’s limited Fall flavors. I have never tried the pumpkin spice coffee and wanted to see what the hype was but at the last minute, I decided on the Apple Cinnamon Oat-milk Macchiato. If you ever had one of those instant apple cinnamon oatmeal packet, this is exactly what it reminded me of.
It was a nice change of my usual of Iced Espresso as I took a peek at the calendar in my cubicle.
Can you believe my vacation-slash-road-trip starts in 4 days?
It feels like this road trip was planned forever ago. I know I wrote a basic itinerary in one of our previous Weekend Coffee Share but there’s been quite a few changes since then that I feel I should put up a final itinerary.
Without further ado, here’s the final itinerary:
- September 21, 2022 – arriving at Buffalo-Niagara International airport, pick up rental car, and head for Niagara Falls.
- September 22-23, 2022 – Toronto. CN Tower, Highland Park, Centre Island, etc.
- September 24, 2022 – Ottawa and possibly a side trip to Quebec.
- September 25, 2022 – A full day in Ottawa to tour all the tourist spots – Parliament Hills, Alexandria Bridge, etc. Hopefully I get to try Poutine before heading back.
- September 26, 2022 – U.S. history tour begins at Washington Crossing State Park to gain perspective on George Washington crossing the Delaware River on that freezing cold Christmas night.
- September 27, 2022 – U.S. history tour continues in Philadelphia – Independence Hall, Liberty Hall, Ben Franklin Museum, etc.
- September 28, 2022 – Heading for Richmond, Virginia. Mom wants to see historical sites in Richmond.
- September 29, 2022 – Mom wants to see Jefferson’s Monticello.
- September 30, 2022 – Heading for Gettysburg. Another stop on the US history tour.
- October 1, 2022 – Returning to Buffalo, NY to spend a night before catching the return flight the next morning.
I might need to do more research this weekend to see what more fun places to go in these places but everything seems set in stone for now. The schedule looks packed full right now and I am feeling a tad anxious about the trip.
Will I be super exhausted by the end of the trip? Will I survive this? I think it might be the longest trip I’ve ever taken. My previous long road trip had a loose schedule, not jam packed like this one.
I will be posting a photo or two during my trip. Right now though, let’s just hope I survive this vacation.
Since I want to keep this short, I posted another post yesterday with my other thoughts for the week. If you’re interested, you can visit my other post to see my other thoughts about this week.
#weekendcoffeeshare is hosted by Natalie of Natalie the Explorer. I appreciate you stopping by and hope to chat again same time next week.