Motionless, she stood gazing down the tunnel. The path extended as far as the eye could see, encased by walls of grimy bricks.Continue reading “Saturday Mix #StoryStarter – The Tunnel in the Dream”
Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #238: Alone Time
Happy Sunday! This week, Ann-Christine from her blog – Leya – is the lovely hostess for this week’s Lens-Artists Challenge and this week’s topic – Alone Time.Continue reading “Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #238: Alone Time”
#WeekendCoffeeShare – Never-Ending Snow and Seed Starting Progress
Good morning! Can you believe this is the last #WeekendCoffeeShare of February 2023? Where has the time gone?Continue reading “#WeekendCoffeeShare – Never-Ending Snow and Seed Starting Progress”
#Writephoto – Canon
WQ #8: Below the Surface
The word for this week’s Wednesday Quotes is Below.Continue reading “WQ #8: Below the Surface”
Blogging Insights 3.0 #5 – About Page
This week’s Blogging Insights asks the question:Continue reading “Blogging Insights 3.0 #5 – About Page”
Friday Fictioneers: The Sign
Truthful Tuesday 02-21-2023 on a Wednesday – Favor for Money
Di from Pensitivity is the host for this week’s Truthful Tuesday and once again, I’m a day late but better late than never, right? This week, the following questions are asked:Continue reading “Truthful Tuesday 02-21-2023 on a Wednesday – Favor for Money”
What do you see # 174 – Fired
Sunday Poser #120 – Mr./Dr. Google
Share Your World – Week of February 20, 2023
Monday Peeves – Misbehaving Body
You make me think of all the sweet things I’ve had in life Terri with this week’s #SundayStills!Continue reading “#SundayStills: #Sweet”
Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #237: Bringing Softness
Happy Sunday! This week, Bren from Brashley Photography is guest-hosting Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #237 and the theme is… Bringing Softness.Continue reading “Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #237: Bringing Softness”
#WeekendCoffeeShare – Pink Pancake Breakfast
Good morning! How are you on this fine Saturday morning? Come on in and we’ll chat.Continue reading “#WeekendCoffeeShare – Pink Pancake Breakfast”
CBWC: Arches, Domes, Half Circles
CMMC: February Pick a Topic
WQ #7: All Sorts of Grids
The word for this week’s Wednesday Quotes is Grid.Continue reading “WQ #7: All Sorts of Grids”
5 Thoughts on Valentine’s Day
Here are my 5 thoughts about Valentine’s Day:
1. Though Valentine’s Day was yesterday, it felt like the commercial world has been celebrating the holiday from the day after we rang in the New Year. I remember walking into my local Walmart just mere days into the new year and seeing red and pink stuff filling the shelves. I don’t remember it being as early the previous years.
2. Valentine’s Day is such an overrated holiday. Why should there be a day when lovers show love for each other? If two people love each other, wouldn’t they show their love every day as opposed to showing extra love or just love that one day a year?
3. I think Valentine’s Day exists in the commercial world to help keep the employed busy like farmers in South America get to sell their roses in the middle of our winter and candy makers can have that one day a year of booming business.
Aside from me, my mom, and cousins, everyone else in the family work in a cookie factory. If you live in the U.S., you might have eaten those cookies. They are super sweet with lots of colors and are sold in most grocery stores. They start making those cookies some time at the end of last year and make those cookies according to holidays. Without Valentine’s Day, I would say their jobs would’ve been less busy.
4. Valentine’s Day feels like it’s the day when reds and pinks take center stage. My co-worker decked out in pink yesterday – pink sweatshirt, pink nails, and pink key chain. Unfortunately, I like neither of those colors, when does grays and blacks get a turn?
5. The only thing I look forward about Valentine’s Day is the pink pancake breakfast at work. It’s not the food I really care about. It’s the co-workers-sitting-together-having-conversation part. I don’t know about you but after 3 years of working from home and only head into the office once a week, I can’t help but feel lonely at times despite not living alone. There’s really no conversing with mom as all she does is shushes me. So getting to talk to anyone outside of the home brightens my spirit.