Good Saturday morning and thank you for joining me in this First-Saturday-of-May edition of #WeekendCoffeeShare. Continue reading “#WeekendCoffeeShare: Life’s been a Blur”
#WeekendCoffeeShare: A Wrap to Another Week
Good Sunday morning! Thank you for joining me. Come on in for some drinks! Coffee? Tea? Continue reading “#WeekendCoffeeShare: A Wrap to Another Week”
Liebster Award Part 1
It’s been a while since I’ve accepted an award since I’ve been a little busy. However, since I was nominated by two awesome bloggers on the same day, I thought why not and the questions are quite interesting. Stay tune for part 2 later today.
The following questions come from: Sandra Yeaman. Thank you Sandra. Go check out her excellent blog! Here are the rules:
- Display an image of the award and write about your nomination.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you for this award.
- Answer the 11 questions prepared for you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Reveal 11 random facts about the nominee. (See my 50 Facts page)
- Nominate 5-11 awesome bloggers who you think deserve this award, and create 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- List these guidelines in your blog post.
1. What book(s) are you reading now?
Dark Angel by L.J Smith. I’m almost through with that book. This is the 4th of 8 books from the Night World series. It is not a new series, it came out in the early or mid-90’s. So around my age. After this book, I’ll move on to the 5th book, Chosen.
2. Who else do you think would enjoy reading it? Why?
Anyone who enjoys young adult fantasy as well as supernatural. I enjoy this series because each book is a different story that is completely separate from the other books. So you can read the books in any order and you won’t be lost but of course, you’ll need to understand the basics of the supernatural world. Also, this series deals with a lot of different kind of supernatural creatures, some I wouldn’t even believe it belongs to this world.
3. Which author would you like to write your life story? Why?
Probably someone old and well-known like Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte because those ladies write with such wonderful descriptions and they can make anything sound like elegant.
4. Name three authors you would like to invite to dinner. Why?
Hmm, good question. I don’t know. When I read a book, I don’t typically focus on one author. I typically read a book based on its synopsis. So I don’t have a particular favorite author who I want to get know more about let alone three.
5. Summarize your life in three sentences.
I live a life full of chaos and boring adventures.
It’s always so busy and fast.
Sometimes, I wish I could seclude myself somewhere faraway with no technology and probably no food – just me in my solitude.
6. What was the last book you read that kept you up late into the night to finish?
I had to look up this one. It’s been a while since I had a book that kept me up. After scouring my kindle, I arrived at This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. It’s a short book and I just wanted to finish it.
7. Have you read a book recently you decided was a waste of time? If so, what is it? Who might like it?
I wouldn’t call this book (The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey) a waste of time. I put it down because it was making me sad. I mean, who makes a 7-year-old kid join the army? No one! I think people who likes post-apocalyptic fiction will like this one. I might continue reading it later.
8 What’s your favorite genre? Why?
Young-adult (YA) fiction is definitely my favorite genre. However, I don’t like all YA books. I mostly like the post-apocalyptic, fantasy, and supernatural sub-genre of young-adult fiction. I don’t know why. I just like them.
9. What genre haven’t you read much of yet?
Historical and romance fiction are two genres I haven’t touch a lot of. I like romance fiction but not too much because I tend to get a vivid image in my head while reading and you know the rest. I’m not sure why I haven’t touch much of historical fiction though, it sounds like an interest genre.
10. What would be a good title for your autobiography?
A Light in the Dark because it describes my sunshiny personality and I tend to write at night.
11. What’s the title of the next book you plan to begin reading?
I guess after finishing Dark Angel, I’ll move on to book #5 of Night World, The Chosen. I’m looking forward to reading what sort of supernatural creature will L.J. cook up in the next book.