Last week, I was nominated by Cyranny or Cyranny’s Cove for the Inspirational Blogger Award. Thank you, Cyranny. Continue reading “Inspirational Blogger Award”
Liebster Award Part 2
Here is the second nomination for Liebster Award, an award I have received on multiple occasions. Continue reading “Liebster Award Part 2”
Liebster Award Part 1
It’s been a while since I’ve accepted an award since I’ve been a little busy. However, since I was nominated by two awesome bloggers on the same day, I thought why not and the questions are quite interesting. Stay tune for part 2 later today.
The following questions come from: Sandra Yeaman. Thank you Sandra. Go check out her excellent blog! Here are the rules:
- Display an image of the award and write about your nomination.
- Thank and link the person who nominated you for this award.
- Answer the 11 questions prepared for you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Reveal 11 random facts about the nominee. (See my 50 Facts page)
- Nominate 5-11 awesome bloggers who you think deserve this award, and create 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- List these guidelines in your blog post.
1. What book(s) are you reading now?
Dark Angel by L.J Smith. I’m almost through with that book. This is the 4th of 8 books from the Night World series. It is not a new series, it came out in the early or mid-90’s. So around my age. After this book, I’ll move on to the 5th book, Chosen.
2. Who else do you think would enjoy reading it? Why?
Anyone who enjoys young adult fantasy as well as supernatural. I enjoy this series because each book is a different story that is completely separate from the other books. So you can read the books in any order and you won’t be lost but of course, you’ll need to understand the basics of the supernatural world. Also, this series deals with a lot of different kind of supernatural creatures, some I wouldn’t even believe it belongs to this world.
3. Which author would you like to write your life story? Why?
Probably someone old and well-known like Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte because those ladies write with such wonderful descriptions and they can make anything sound like elegant.
4. Name three authors you would like to invite to dinner. Why?
Hmm, good question. I don’t know. When I read a book, I don’t typically focus on one author. I typically read a book based on its synopsis. So I don’t have a particular favorite author who I want to get know more about let alone three.
5. Summarize your life in three sentences.
I live a life full of chaos and boring adventures.
It’s always so busy and fast.
Sometimes, I wish I could seclude myself somewhere faraway with no technology and probably no food – just me in my solitude.
6. What was the last book you read that kept you up late into the night to finish?
I had to look up this one. It’s been a while since I had a book that kept me up. After scouring my kindle, I arrived at This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp. It’s a short book and I just wanted to finish it.
7. Have you read a book recently you decided was a waste of time? If so, what is it? Who might like it?
I wouldn’t call this book (The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey) a waste of time. I put it down because it was making me sad. I mean, who makes a 7-year-old kid join the army? No one! I think people who likes post-apocalyptic fiction will like this one. I might continue reading it later.
8 What’s your favorite genre? Why?
Young-adult (YA) fiction is definitely my favorite genre. However, I don’t like all YA books. I mostly like the post-apocalyptic, fantasy, and supernatural sub-genre of young-adult fiction. I don’t know why. I just like them.
9. What genre haven’t you read much of yet?
Historical and romance fiction are two genres I haven’t touch a lot of. I like romance fiction but not too much because I tend to get a vivid image in my head while reading and you know the rest. I’m not sure why I haven’t touch much of historical fiction though, it sounds like an interest genre.
10. What would be a good title for your autobiography?
A Light in the Dark because it describes my sunshiny personality and I tend to write at night.
11. What’s the title of the next book you plan to begin reading?
I guess after finishing Dark Angel, I’ll move on to book #5 of Night World, The Chosen. I’m looking forward to reading what sort of supernatural creature will L.J. cook up in the next book.
Wrapping Up 2015: Awards [Epic Awesomeness Award]
As part of wrapping up 2015, I will continue with awards. Next up, The Epic Awesomeness Award. Continue reading “Wrapping Up 2015: Awards [Epic Awesomeness Award]”
Wrapping Up 2015: Awards [Liebster Award]
As 2015 comes to a close and my work is done, I have decided to finally stop procrastinating and complete all the award posts from the last quarter of 2015, starting with Liebster Awards. In November, I was nominated by Sweetaces at her blog, The Sweet Perspectives. In December, I was nominated by Jahnavi Chintakunta at her blog, Recharge Your Day. These are some great blogs, I highly recommend you to check them out. Continue reading “Wrapping Up 2015: Awards [Liebster Award]”
Award Nominations Part 2: Triple Nominations
Thank you so much, Vanessa Rodriguez at Romance Done Write for nominating me for not one but two awards! The Versatile Blogger Award and the Real Neat Blog Award! As well as that, I like to thank Cindy at A Slice of Life for the nomination for Premio Dardos Award. Thank you all so very much. If you haven’t done so already, go check out their blogs, guys!
Here are the rules to all the awards:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers with links to their blogs.
- Finally, post 7 things about yourself. (Answer the person who nominates you questions, and then ask 7 of your own.)
- Also remember to add the award pics to your post.
- What is your favorite color? All shades of purple but particularly lavender.
- If you could have any super power what would it be? It would be to read thoughts.
- Do you have more than one blog? Yes, actually. I have a food blog that currently on hiatus. Check my gravatar page.
- If money wasn’t an issue, where would you go on vacation? Europe, no doubt.
- How do you feel about tomatoes (love’em or hate’em)? Love ‘EM! ❤
- Cats or dogs? Dog, definitely.
- What’s your favorite cartoon? Of all time? Tom and Jerry, Donald Duck, and Goofy.
Now 7 Facts:
What don’t you know already? I will leave that open. If you want to know anything (as long as it’s not too private), put that in the comment box below.
For my 7 questions:
- If you can be any superhero, who would you be?
- If you are given a magic seed, you can throw it in the ground and it will grow whatever you want, what would it be?
- Things that make you tick?
- Things that drive you to reach your goal?
- What makes a good day?
- What was your dream job when you were a kid?
- Water, Juice, or Soda?
…and the nominees are: (You can choose to accept one of the three or all of them)
- Living with Benji
- Francesca Smith
- Lily Pup’s Life
- Beautiful Words
- Richard Ankers
- Tony Burgess
- Zombie Flamingos
- Just Writing
- Random Writings On the Bathroom Wall
- Soul n Spirit
Congratulations to all and have fun! 🙂
Blog Tour Award: My Creative Process
Last week, I was surprised and amazed when I received a ping-back from Izzy of Izzy-grabs-life. Izzy has nominated me for the Blog Tour Award! I didn’t even know such award existed, I’m so honored.
- Compose a one-time post on a specific Monday (date given from your nomination — I was given March 30)
- Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post by – for the next round, I will go with Monday April 6, 2015
- Pass the tour on up to four other bloggers.
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do.
WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON AT THE MOMENT?
I’m currently working on my homework. Ha ha, just kidding, I’m taking a break from my cost accounting homework.
Um, at the moment, I’m actually about half-way done with what-I-think is a short-story but it’s turning into a novelette. I’m think probably another 3000 words on top of the current 4800 should do it. It’s a rewrite and it used to be called “The Forgotten” but I think the title’s a little lame. So I’m coming with a new title at the moment.
HOW DOES YOUR WORK DIFFER FROM OTHERS IN YOUR GENRE?
Honestly, I do not know. We all get our inspiration somewhere, whether be TV shows or movies or books. I pull ideas for my stories from those places but at the time, I would try to add something different, my own touch but I suppose, in a way, my work can be comparable to others in my genre.
WHY DO YOU WRITE OR CREATE WHAT YOU DO?
My head is filled with pictures and ideas. Every time, I watch a TV show or a movie or read a book, I instantly get pictures, pictures that once I lose them, I am not getting them back. Since I am not an artist (I can’t even draw a car right), I choose words as my medium. So writing is really my way of painting those mental pictures. The paper is my canvas, as some would say, and I’m painting it with words.
HOW DOES YOUR WRITING/CREATIVE PROCESS WORK?
Well, like I said, I get pictures and I just writing it down as to artist painting the canvas. I don’t exactly have a process. I just get these flashes in my head and as soon as I get them, I would jog them down somewhere, anywhere, be it an existing story or a new story. Otherwise, it will feel like what Maya Angelou says.
However for the flash fiction challenges and prompts, it’s different.
- I look at the picture prompt or the word prompt.
- For the picture prompt, I would then run through a variety of scenarios in my head. I would ask, can this happen? or is this situation logical? I usually try to pull from my life before going fiction.
- For the word prompt (the prompts that are words-only, no picture), those are usually pretty tough for me to write any fiction stories. I usually just stick to non-fiction for those.
- Of course, I can’t post or publish anything without proofreading and editing it. This would be my last step. I usually go over it 2 or 3 times until I’m satisfy with every word.
It is my pleasure to nominate the following individuals:
I am looking forward to hear about everyone’s creative process!
A Wrap-up of 2014: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
A few months ago, SUEJU TAKESHI nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award but as usual, my procrastination prevails. But since I am on my winter break, I thought what better time to publish this than before the new year. I like to give a big round of thanks again to SUEJU TAKESHI for nominating this blog for this awesome award. Continue reading “A Wrap-up of 2014: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”
Two nominations in a month! – One Lovely Blog Award
Wow, I’m flattered and honored. Earlier this month, my other blog, Hidden Stars, was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by SHRUTIGOPINATH and then yesterday, this blog, My Simple Life, was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Vik Tory Arch. Thank you all so much. You’re the reason which I continue to blog.
Here are the rules:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 (or more) other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Here are 7 more facts about me that I have not listed yet:
- I used to play the piano. I learned it during my Sophomore year in high school and I got pretty good at it, at least according to my step-dad. He even spent $600 on a digital piano so I have something to practice on.
- During that time, I spent part of the time also learning guitar but unfortunately my fingers couldn’t reach the strings. So my step-dad gave up, at least until I could master the “G” note.
- I skipped half of the Fall semester and the spring semester of 4th grade as well as the Fall semester of 5th grade. So technically, I skipped an entire grade.
- After nearly a month into the semester, I think my understanding of accounting is so many times clearer than engineering. Is that strange? Maybe I should’ve swapped major a few years ago.
- During the past two or three years, the music on my ipod has changed dramatically, from pop and R&B to rock, indie, and alternative. Pop just sound so annoying these days.
- My favorite colors are light purple, black, and white. These choices have never changed.
- I have always been told my skin feels icy. Frankly, I have no idea but my mom and aunt like to wrap their arms around me during the warmest time. It’s nice but I’d be sweating to death. 🙂
As for my nominations, I am nominating everyone because I think everyone is awesome in their own way.
100th Post: First One Lovely Blog Award Nomination
I have saved my 100th for the best. When I started this blog less than a year ago, I had no idea I would reach the 100th post so soon. I thought since this blog is reserved for fiction only, I wouldn’t be able post a lot on it. But here I am, less than one year later and voila, 100th post.
I would like to thank SHRUTIGOPINATH for nominating me for One Lovely Blog Award. It is my first nomination and this blog’s first nomination not only for the One Lovely Blog Award but this is the first award for this specific blog.
So here are the rules: (According to the post on Shrutigopinath’s site)
- Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules and display the award image.
- Include 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
- Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 facts about me:
- I like to brew my stories, let it develop in my mind before I write it all down.
- I don’t like inconclusive endings. So I would often wonder what would happen next in my mind but I never write them down for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.
- I believe I lack a sense of humor but then I feel like I am trying too hard to be funny. So pardon my humorless tales. 🙂
- I am slightly caffeine intolerant. I get headache when I drink coffee and even coke. That leaves hot cocoa and sprite.
- I have a desire to move to a country (rural) setting or somewhere there are different color of trees according to the season and no planes flying over my head. However, I still want to stay a stone throw away from civilization (towns, cities but not big cities like Chicago).
- I super duper want to travel to another country or continent. I want to explore other civilizations.
- I try either too hard or not hard enough. I don’t know what’s in between but I am either one extreme or the other. Like with trying to make friends, either I don’t try at all and let them come to me or I’d try super hard to make them like me.
- Thin Spiral Notebook
- Optimistic Kid
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- New Teacher Life
- WAKE UP YOUR LUCK
- TAKESHI’S FLIGHT
- Sugar-Coating Since ’91
- Sapient Chronicles
- H.M. Brooks Writes
- In a small compass…
- My Hong Kong husband
- I AM YOUR TWILIGHTSTAR (I think your blog is awesome too.) 🙂