Motionless, she stood gazing down the tunnel. The path extended as far as the eye could see, encased by walls of grimy bricks.Continue reading “Saturday Mix #StoryStarter – The Tunnel in the Dream”
Blogging Insights 3.0 #5 – About Page
This week’s Blogging Insights asks the question:Continue reading “Blogging Insights 3.0 #5 – About Page”
Truthful Tuesday 02-21-2023 on a Wednesday – Favor for Money
Di from Pensitivity is the host for this week’s Truthful Tuesday and once again, I’m a day late but better late than never, right? This week, the following questions are asked:Continue reading “Truthful Tuesday 02-21-2023 on a Wednesday – Favor for Money”
Sunday Poser #120 – Mr./Dr. Google
Share Your World – Week of February 20, 2023
Monday Peeves – Misbehaving Body
You make me think of all the sweet things I’ve had in life Terri with this week’s #SundayStills!Continue reading “#SundayStills: #Sweet”
5 Thoughts on Valentine’s Day
Here are my 5 thoughts about Valentine’s Day:
1. Though Valentine’s Day was yesterday, it felt like the commercial world has been celebrating the holiday from the day after we rang in the New Year. I remember walking into my local Walmart just mere days into the new year and seeing red and pink stuff filling the shelves. I don’t remember it being as early the previous years.
2. Valentine’s Day is such an overrated holiday. Why should there be a day when lovers show love for each other? If two people love each other, wouldn’t they show their love every day as opposed to showing extra love or just love that one day a year?
3. I think Valentine’s Day exists in the commercial world to help keep the employed busy like farmers in South America get to sell their roses in the middle of our winter and candy makers can have that one day a year of booming business.
Aside from me, my mom, and cousins, everyone else in the family work in a cookie factory. If you live in the U.S., you might have eaten those cookies. They are super sweet with lots of colors and are sold in most grocery stores. They start making those cookies some time at the end of last year and make those cookies according to holidays. Without Valentine’s Day, I would say their jobs would’ve been less busy.
4. Valentine’s Day feels like it’s the day when reds and pinks take center stage. My co-worker decked out in pink yesterday – pink sweatshirt, pink nails, and pink key chain. Unfortunately, I like neither of those colors, when does grays and blacks get a turn?
5. The only thing I look forward about Valentine’s Day is the pink pancake breakfast at work. It’s not the food I really care about. It’s the co-workers-sitting-together-having-conversation part. I don’t know about you but after 3 years of working from home and only head into the office once a week, I can’t help but feel lonely at times despite not living alone. There’s really no conversing with mom as all she does is shushes me. So getting to talk to anyone outside of the home brightens my spirit.
Share Your World – Week of February 13, 2023
10 Years, 2 Name Changes, and more than 4000 Posts Later…
It turned out I remembered the date wrong (I’m 10 days late) but what the hey, it’s my blog’s 10-year anniversary.Continue reading “10 Years, 2 Name Changes, and more than 4000 Posts Later…”
#SundayStills: Monthly Color Challenge: #Red
5 Things I Love/Hate About Winter
Before I moved to Utah, someone told me, “You will be wearing your winter coat for 9 months of the year.” I would now tell that someone, “No, I don’t wear my winter coat 9 months out of the year, I wear it for 6 months (October to April), 7 max.”Continue reading “5 Things I Love/Hate About Winter”
Sunday Poser #118 – Life’s influences
Share Your World – Week of February 6, 2023
Monday Peeves – Stuff Misplaced and Power Outage
#SundayStills: Recollection of Some #Frosty Places
Pass the Baton Challenge – The Midnight Hour
I was nominated by Barbara at Teleportingweena to continue this story started by Marla. Hope you enjoy my part of the story.Continue reading “Pass the Baton Challenge – The Midnight Hour”
#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 26 – 31
I’m going to skip Day 23 and 25 and perhaps a few more to finish the prompts.Continue reading “#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 26 – 31”
I don’t think I’ve ever welcomed the month of February before, at least I don’t remember doing it last year.Continue reading “Hello February!”
#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 19 – 22
Day 19 of Bloganuary asks: “What color describes your personality and why?“Continue reading “#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 19 – 22”
Share Your World – Week of January 30, 2023
Monday Peeves – Lion’s Den and Swearing Unknowingly
Paula Light is the lovely hostess for The Monday Peeve, where we get to complain our guts out to make ourselves feel better.Continue reading “Monday Peeves – Lion’s Den and Swearing Unknowingly”