The word for this week’s Wednesday Quotes is Below.Continue reading “WQ #8: Below the Surface”
Blogging Insights 3.0 #5 – About Page
This week’s Blogging Insights asks the question:Continue reading “Blogging Insights 3.0 #5 – About Page”
Friday Fictioneers: The Sign
What do you see # 174 – Fired
Share Your World – Week of February 20, 2023
Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #237: Bringing Softness
Happy Sunday! This week, Bren from Brashley Photography is guest-hosting Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #237 and the theme is… Bringing Softness.Continue reading “Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #237: Bringing Softness”
WQ #7: All Sorts of Grids
The word for this week’s Wednesday Quotes is Grid.Continue reading “WQ #7: All Sorts of Grids”
5 Thoughts on Valentine’s Day
Here are my 5 thoughts about Valentine’s Day:
1. Though Valentine’s Day was yesterday, it felt like the commercial world has been celebrating the holiday from the day after we rang in the New Year. I remember walking into my local Walmart just mere days into the new year and seeing red and pink stuff filling the shelves. I don’t remember it being as early the previous years.
2. Valentine’s Day is such an overrated holiday. Why should there be a day when lovers show love for each other? If two people love each other, wouldn’t they show their love every day as opposed to showing extra love or just love that one day a year?
3. I think Valentine’s Day exists in the commercial world to help keep the employed busy like farmers in South America get to sell their roses in the middle of our winter and candy makers can have that one day a year of booming business.
Aside from me, my mom, and cousins, everyone else in the family work in a cookie factory. If you live in the U.S., you might have eaten those cookies. They are super sweet with lots of colors and are sold in most grocery stores. They start making those cookies some time at the end of last year and make those cookies according to holidays. Without Valentine’s Day, I would say their jobs would’ve been less busy.
4. Valentine’s Day feels like it’s the day when reds and pinks take center stage. My co-worker decked out in pink yesterday – pink sweatshirt, pink nails, and pink key chain. Unfortunately, I like neither of those colors, when does grays and blacks get a turn?
5. The only thing I look forward about Valentine’s Day is the pink pancake breakfast at work. It’s not the food I really care about. It’s the co-workers-sitting-together-having-conversation part. I don’t know about you but after 3 years of working from home and only head into the office once a week, I can’t help but feel lonely at times despite not living alone. There’s really no conversing with mom as all she does is shushes me. So getting to talk to anyone outside of the home brightens my spirit.
What do you see # 173 – The Girl and her Giraffe
Share Your World – Week of February 13, 2023
10 Years, 2 Name Changes, and more than 4000 Posts Later…
It turned out I remembered the date wrong (I’m 10 days late) but what the hey, it’s my blog’s 10-year anniversary.Continue reading “10 Years, 2 Name Changes, and more than 4000 Posts Later…”
Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #236: East Meets West, North Meets South
Happy Sunday! This week, Amy from The World is a Book… leads Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #236 with a peculiar topic – East meets West, North meets South.Continue reading “Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #236: East Meets West, North Meets South”
WQ #6: Reflection of Past Love
Friday Fictioneers: The Podcast
5 Things I Love/Hate About Winter
Before I moved to Utah, someone told me, “You will be wearing your winter coat for 9 months of the year.” I would now tell that someone, “No, I don’t wear my winter coat 9 months out of the year, I wear it for 6 months (October to April), 7 max.”Continue reading “5 Things I Love/Hate About Winter”
Share Your World – Week of February 6, 2023
Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #235: Shadows and Reflections in Monochrome
Happy Sunday! Patti is the hostess for this week’s Lens-Artists Challenge and we are exploring monochrome images that features shadows and reflections this week.Continue reading “Lens-Artists Photo Challenge #235: Shadows and Reflections in Monochrome”
Pass the Baton Challenge – The Midnight Hour
I was nominated by Barbara at Teleportingweena to continue this story started by Marla. Hope you enjoy my part of the story.Continue reading “Pass the Baton Challenge – The Midnight Hour”
WQ #5: Chilly, Icy, and Snowy
It’s been beyond chilly here lately. Temperatures were in the single-digits at the start of the week and I’m talking about single-digits Fahrenheit, not Celsius. Not to mention there was a wind chill warning. Add on the wind chill and that single digit automatically drop to the other side of zero.Continue reading “WQ #5: Chilly, Icy, and Snowy”
Friday Fictioneers: Miraculous Save
#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 26 – 31
I’m going to skip Day 23 and 25 and perhaps a few more to finish the prompts.Continue reading “#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 26 – 31”
#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 19 – 22
Day 19 of Bloganuary asks: “What color describes your personality and why?“Continue reading “#Bloganuary 2023 Prompt Day 19 – 22”